Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day and Etc.



First off, I would like to wish my husband, my father, my father-in-law and all fathers out there a very Happy Belated Father's Day! I was 'sans' computer for 4 days as we headed west down the 401 to Guelph to visit family this past weekend. Poor little old me!


A grand time was had by all. We left right after school on Thursday with arrival in the early evening. We quickly visited Gord's parents before it was time to get the girls to bed. Shopping was on tap for me on Friday while Gord and the girls visited with his parents again. We then all joined up with his 2 sisters, nieces, nefew and great-nefew (yes, I am a great aunt!) for dinner at a local Chinese restaurant. Yum-yum! On Saturaday, it was an early departure as we all headed to the Toronto Zoo. It has now become a tradition in our family. For the last few years, we always to go to some park or zoo for Father's Day. This year we went a day early. After our long day at the zoo, we all met up at my SIL's for a wonderful BBQ. On Sunday, it was lunch with the parents and then headed back towards home. A trip to Ontario would not be complete if there wasn't a stop at Michaels. I spotted one on the 401 and begged Gordie to get off. I was given 15 minutes to go through it as they all waited in the car. God help me! I managed to spend quite a bit in short a short period of time.
Here are some of my favorite pictures of the weekend.



Cara-Li and her cousin N.



Cara-Li and her cousin C.

What is funny about this picture is the conversation that the 2 were having while looking at these monkey-type animals.

Cara-Li: ''Oooooo.... look at that monkey! It has a wenis like a boy!''

Also, I have joined a new group called 'Shades of Inspiration'. Basically, a new colour is assigned every Monday and we are to take photographs of whatever we like incorporating that colour. Fun! I find that if I do not have an 'assignment' that I do not take any pictures other than the usual family things. Sometimes these can be boring. So I am posting last week's assignment now which was the colour green. I must add that I did not really try hard, I just happened to get these at the zoo.


I promise to try a little harder for this week's assignment!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Fun times! We also head over to the TO zoo every time we are out that way. I love the water park in the zoo, very well done!

Can you give me the link for the photo group? I need some practice with my new camera!!

4D said...

Lovely pics of a lovely weekend!

Keep smilin!