Friday, August 15, 2008

A Week in Review

Whew!!! What a week! I swear... this work thing really gets in the way of my personal time! Here's what we've been up to in the last week.
  • Friday - 08/08/08: The Olympics in Beijing begin (old news... I know). Unfortunately, we were unable to watch the opening ceremonies as we are were on our way to our 1st Annual Reunion for Alexia's travel group. We spent the weekend at Floribell at Lac Bell, a great place to have such reunions. Each family had their very own condo in a complex situated right on the beach. Upon arrival, it was a 'Wine and Cheese' party out on the balcony for us all till the wee hours of the morning. You gotta love wine while reminiscing!
  • Saturday - 09/08/08: Lots more fun is had at our reunion. Lots of fun was had at the beach as you can see. And the weather really cooperated this weekend... probably the first dry weekend of the summer. An attempt is made at dinner to take a picture of all the little ones on the couch. Tough. Tougher than it was last year as they are all mobile now! This is when the older sisters are dragged into the picture. Their job... to hold down their baby sisters!




  • Sunday - 10/08/08: This is our last together as a group until we meet again next year. We sure we miss all of these wonderful families! PS: Do you think that Alexia will ever forgive me for posting this picture of her on the beach? Heehee! Sorry sweetie. I had to do it!




  • Monday - 11/08/08: We finally get a chance to view the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics thanks to the wonders of PVR. All I have to say is WOW! I LOVE CHINA!


  • Tuesday - 12/08/08: I flew to Toronto early morning to shop at the Gift Show for our store. I love doing this. I fly in, shop all day, and fly home with nothing more than my handbag. It is just like taking the bus downtown! I found some cute things for the store but the best part was being able to read a book uninterrupted! I fianally finished my summer read... last summer's read, that is! I started reading Red China Blues by Jan Wong last summer but never finished it as our trip to China got in the way :) I not only managed to finish it but was also able to find the second part, Beijing Confidential, athe the airport bookstore. What a score!

  • Wednesday - 13/08/08: Dinner at the P. and M. This family was unable to make our reunion but we did manage to hook up with them at their home for a lovely dinner. Our girls just love their girls!


  • Thursday - 14/08/08: Dinner at Cage aux Sports with C, P and G. No one in our household wants to cook! Does it show? Cara-Li and I then went to Staples to pick up all her school supplies. Did I mention she is not a bit thrilled about starting school?!?

  • Friday - 15/08/08: I am finally at home in front of my computer. It has been a long week! We decided not to go to the cottage this weekend since I have to work tomorrow and Cara-Li has a birthday party to go on Sunday.

Hopefully, I will not have to wait another week before my next entry. We'll see what the following days have in store for us.

1 comment:

Jeff and Amy said...

Looks like a wonderful time was had by all, and yes she will not like that photo but great for bribbing with when she is older. LOL