Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day 1

It is now 9:30 AM on Day 1 of the start of my New Year's Resolutions. I have already taken one step forward and two steps back! Hugh!! This is not going to be easy!

As I got up this AM, I was determined to make things work. So I proceeded to prepare a salad for lunch. However, since I have not been grocery shopping in a dog's age, there wasn't a whole lot to throw in there. I like salads and don't mind eating them but there has to be some good stuff in it. So here is what I managed to put together: mesclun lettuce, sliced black olives, 1/2 can of tuna, chickpeas and sweet onions with a homemade salad dressing. I also packed a couple of clementines for dessert and some carrots for a snack. Next, I had to deal with breakfast. I never eat breakfast, only on weekends and then I have the works which is not really diet- friendly! So I had a yogurt topped with some granola. Passable. I really do need that granola to get that yogurt down. Yuck! This was my one step forward... resolution #2.

Now for the two steps back. My yogurt was in one of those individual cups and therefore not so good for my Reduce, Reuse, Recycle resolution. But to my defence... I did not buy them. My brother, who was leaving for Puerto Rico, needed to clean out his fridge and I was the lucky recepient of the said yogurts. Next, the makeup. After all the salad hoopla and the breakfast thing, there was no time for makeup. Well, to be truthful, I forgot! I remembered in the car and so I did a really girly thing that I never do when driving... searched through my purse for some makeup. I managed to muster up some lipstick but that was it. The mascara will have to wait until tomorrow!

No comments: