Friday, January 30, 2009

More Festivities and Could it be?

UPDATE: I have finally included the pictures of Chinese New Year.

Another wonderful evening was spent with fabulous friends celebrating Chinese New Year. We decided to hold our annual dinner in Chinatown a few days after the fact so that we could get better service. And it was so much better than last year! The food was great, the service was great and they let us relax after dinner. Unlike like year where they were hovering over us to get us out ASAP! This year, we were a total of 24 people, with 7 girls from China ranging from 2 yo. to 16 yo. and one 9 yo. who is not Chinese but wishes she was! Along with these 6 families, also present were the godparents to our children. I can remember our first CNY back in 2004 where we only had about 8-10 people for our dinner. Our adoptive circle is certainly growing. I love it! As I was not much in the mood of taking pictures, Cara-Li went around with my SLR wrapped around her neck and snapped away. As it was late last night, I did not get a chance to download them yet. I will post them Sunday when we get home from the cottage. Anyway, it was great to see all the girls have such a great time. Everyone found a buddy and new friendships were formed. We now have lots of BFFs!


As a sidenote, my watching what I eat (well, except for last night) has been paying off. In the 15 days that I have started, I have lost 5 lbs. Could it be? I am dumbfounded! And thrilled! If I could only figure out what my target weight should be, then I would actually have a goal. And I am still wearing makeup daily and the recycling thing is also going well. And finally, Gord has not returned anything for me yet this year! Things are good at the Farrell residence!

3 comments:

Mortimer's Mom said...

Totally agree that the food and service were excellent. Even the Husband, who is hard to please with Chinese food, found it excellent and fresh. And those 2 old waiters really got a kick out of the girls taking over the restaurant, even if you and I and the other moms did have to bounce from our seats from time to time!
You throw a great party and we are very very glad to be part of this growing gang.

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for organizing a GREAT CNY celebration! We enjoyed ourselves immensely and cannot thank you enough for everything last night (especially for being part of this special group!) Hope to see you and everyone soon :-))))

Julie said...

Sounds like a fun evening!

I've been wanting to drop a few pounds since we are going to Florida. I'm just not willing to excersise more and/or eat less ...:o)