Friday, March 20, 2009

My 200th Post!

Today marks my 200th post since I started this blog about 2 years ago. It started off as a blog to keep our family and friends up to date in our adoption journey but has now morphed into a blog about our life with our two daughters from China. I've had a great time trying to keep this blog up to date and many thanks to all of those who read it.

Last weekend, my 2 dear friends, L and C, and I went to Le Spa Scandinave to celebrate both their birthdays. I don't know if any of you have ever been to such a place but what a treat! There are 3 stations: hot, cold, relaxation. By the way, all the cold stations are outdoors as well as some of the hot stations. So basically, you start off by choosing one of the hot spots which could be a hot tub, sauna or steam bath and stay there a max. of 15 minutes. Then you are to jump into a cold spot which could be a pool of 64 degree F (16 C) water, a river shower or the river itself which is at 30 degrees F (1 C)! Cold let me tell you! But strangely enough, once you've jumped into the cold, you can easily stroll outside down the snow-covered paths with nothing but a dripping wet swimsuit and some flipflops. The weather was nice this time (40 F or 5 C) but the last time I went it was a balmy -13 F or -25 C! After the cold which usually lasts but a couple of minutes, you head off to a relaxation spot indoors for whatever time desired. You must remain quiet during the entire visit which can last a good couple of hours. You do hear the odd yelp or two when someone jumps into the cold waters! Too funny! A must do for anyone who has never been to a Nordic spa.

No comments: