Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sneaky!

Finally, I can show you what I've been up to! You remember the first quilt I made?



Well, I have to say that I just love making quilts. I have lots to learn but I find it so rewarding at the end. After I finished the little doll quilt (which my partner recieved and loved), I had to come up with another project. Easy. We had just been invited to Yummy's Christening and I thought, wouldn't it be great to make her a Bai Jia Bei (100 Wishes Quilt). Now, while this quilt does have 100 squares, the fabrics did not come from 100 people. Time was of the essence. The 100 wishes all came from our family! And this is not a doll quilt... it is actually a crib size quilt. Now, I couldn't post about this any earlier as my scrapbooking partner, Red, is Yummy's Mom and she reads my blog! Didn't want to spoil the surprise!




Here are my two lovely girls on our way to the said festivities with our quilt nicely wrapped (not shown) in hopes that our recipient would love it.

And after a very long day with no naps for Alexia, here are Daddy and Alexia watching a little Teletubbies before dodo.

OK. I'm looking for a new project. Quilt anyone?

5 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, that is sooooo nice! Where do you find the time??? I come from a long line of quilters but I have little patience for the fiddly-bits! For my bff's wedding I made her a traditional wedding quilt that turned out really nice but took me 9 months! Meanwhile, my home is filled with quilts made by the women in my family. Not only are they beautiful but they hold plenty of memories plus being snuggled up in one is like feeling the love from that person.
I'm sure the recipients of your quilts will feel the same!!

4D said...

Rocking quilts! I have to start ours.

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

Oh, your "recipient" loved it allright! And your recipient's mom is still in total awe of such a special gift: it's absolutely gorgeous!!!

It's so beautiful, we've left it on the living room couch, and everytime Yummy walks by it, she rests her head on it and goes "dodooooo" with a big smile: too cute!

This is worth updating my blog after 3 months off!!!

:o)))

Anonymous said...

Wow, gorgeous quilt! I would love to receive such a special gift, very personal. I'm sure it touched the person you made it for. Keep up the great work! Quilt making is really your thing! Tanya

Anonymous said...

Love the fine craftmanship!! The possibilities are endless...quilts,tablerunners(seasonal like at Thanksgiving), quilt art that is hung on the wall etc. I'm hoping that you get the picture. Auntie Karen