Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 1 & Day 2

OK. So I started a 7-day cleansing diet yesterday. Yup. My mother, Gord and I are doing it. Let's just say, it has not been easy!

Day 1: All we were allowed to eat was vegetable soup (all you can eat) and fruit and nothing else. Basically, throughout the 7 days, you can eat all the soup you want or can (or can stand!). Eating fruit all day is not that easy. At one point you just want to eat something salty but you can't. So I showed up at work with a Banker's box full of fruits and soup. Everyone thought I was a little bit cooky. Gord called me mid-day stating that he was going to have a steak and a beer cause he just couldn't take it anymore (but he didn't). Anyway, by the end of the day, we were all pretty nasty so it was off to bed early with no Food Network viewing.

Day 2: Today was vegetable only day. Really was not easy! I like my veggies with dip or butter or sour cream or something. But I stuck it out and ate my soup and cold veggies. Yuck! By 4PM, I will literally starving and very light headed. But I munched on a carrot stick and it passed. For dinner, we were allowed to eat a baked potato with butter. I added some steamed asparagus and it was a dinner fit for a king! Topped it all off with some tomatoes, avocados and cucumber. Not bad however I still had huge hunger pains throughout my meal. It is now 9PM and I am going staight to bed with hopes of falling asleep quickly so as not to think about food too much!

Oops... I gotta go. Alexia needs to pipi and it sounds fairly urgent....

4 comments:

SnodV said...

where are you getting this from? I need to do something like this...

Anonymous said...

Just reading this is making my stomach grumble...CH

Natalie said...

Wow, you're making it sound like so much fun! And here I am, still under the blissful effects of our 13-course dinner at Europea last Saturday night... ;o)

Wanda said...

Good luck with your diet (sounds a bit grueling). Not sure why you think you need to do it but......

:-)